Upcoming Blood Donation Opportunities
Article Date: January 24, 2014
People’s Savings Bank Meeting Room, 101 Bluff St., Rhineland on Thursday, February 13, 2014 from 1:00-6:00 p.m.
The drive is sponsored by Hermann Area District Hospital Auxiliary. All presenting donors will receive a complimentary t-shirt.
To check upcoming blood drives throughout the year go to www.hadh.org for the entire listing.
The Red Cross recommends:
- getting a good night’s sleep.
- eating a good breakfast or lunch.
- drinking extra water and fluids to help replace the volume you will donate.
- avoiding caffeinated beverages.
- eating iron-rich foods to boost your iron level.
“Donating blood is an easy way to help others and only takes about an hour of your time,” said Scott Caswell, CEO of the Red Cross Missouri-Illinois Blood Services Region. “The Red Cross encourages donors to give blood every time they are eligible: every 56 days for whole blood donations and every 112 days for double red cell donations.”